Fields marked with an * are required.

Parent/legal guardian details

I authorise the Victorian Department of Education and Training (DET) to use Centrelink Confirmation eServices to perform an enquiry about my Centrelink customer details and concession card status to enable the business to determine if I qualify for a concession, rebate or service. I also authorise the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to provide the results of any enquiry to DET regarding temporary care orders.

I understand that:
  • DHHS or Centrelink will use information I have provided to DET to confirm my eligibility for the Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund and will disclose to DET personal information including my name, address, payment and concession card type and status.
  • this consent, once signed, remains valid while my child is enrolled at a registered Victorian school unless I withdraw it by contacting the school.
  • I can obtain proof of my circumstances/details from DHHS and provide it to my child’s school so that my eligibility for the Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund can be determined.
  • if I withdraw my consent or do not alternatively provide proof of my circumstances/details, I may not be eligible for the Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund provided by DET.
  • information regarding my eligibility for the Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund may be disclosed to DHHS and/or State Schools Relief for the purpose of evaluating concession card services or confirming eligibility for assistance.
You can request access to the personal information that we hold about you, and to request that any errors be corrected, by contacting your child’s school.


Below are the criteria used to determine a student’s eligibility for the Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund (CSEF).

Criteria 1 – Eligibility
To be eligible* for the fund, a parent or legal guardian of a student attending a registered Government or non-government Victorian primary or secondary school must:
  • on the first day of Term one, or;
  • on the first day of Term two.
a) Be an eligible beneficiary within the meaning of the State Concessions Act 2004, that is, be a holder of Veterans Affairs Gold Card or be an eligible Centrelink Health Care Card (HCC) or Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) holder, OR
b) Be a temporary foster parent, and;
c) Submit an application to the school by the due date.

* A special consideration eligibility category also exists. For more information, see:

Parents who receive a Carer Allowance on behalf of a child, or any other benefit or allowance not income tested by Centrelink, are not eligible for the CSEF unless they also comply with one of (a) or (b) above.

Criteria 2 - Be of school age and attend school in Victoria
School is compulsory for all Victorian children aged between six and 17 years of age inclusive.
For the purposes of CSEF, students may be eligible for assistance if they attend a Victorian registered primary or secondary school. Typically, these students are aged between five and 18 years inclusive.
CSEF is not payable to students attending pre-school, kindergarten, home schooling, or TAFE.

Eligibility Date
For concession card holders CSEF eligibility will be subject to the parent/carer concession card being validated successfully with Centrelink on 29 January 2024 and/or 15 April 2024.


CSEF payment amount
The CSEF is an annual payment to the school to be used towards camps, sports and/or excursion expenses for the benefit of the eligible student.
  • Primary school student rate: $125 per year.
  • Secondary school student rate: $225 per year.
The CSEF is paid directly to your child’s school and will be allocated by the school towards camps, sports and/or excursion costs for your child.
For ungraded students,the rate payable is determined by the student’s date of birth. For more information,
Year 7 government school studentswho are CSEF recipients are also eligible for a uniform voucher. Secondary schools are required to make applications on behalf of parents, so please register your interest at the school.


1. Complete the PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN DETAILS section.
Make sure that the Surname, First Name, and Customer Reference Number (CRN) details match those on your concession card. You will also need to provide your concession card to the school.
If you are claiming as a Foster Parent or a Veteran Affairs Pensioner, you will need to provide a copy of documentation confirming your status as a temporary Foster Parent or provide your Veterans Affairs Pensioner Gold card to the school.
2. Complete the STUDENT/S DETAILS section for students at this school.
3. Sign and date the form and return it to the school office as soon as possible.The CSEF program for 2024 closes at the end of term two 2024.
CSEF payments cannot be claimed retrospectively for prior years.
Queries relating to CSEF eligibility and payments should be directed to the school.